Caregiving takes a village. Creating a Trusted Circle™ of support around you has immeasurable benefits and WayWiser provides the perfect place to do just that.
Connect easily and regularly with those you lean on for help as a caregiver. Share messages, notes, documents, photos, events, and most importantly – share your burden and feel more prepared to properly care for your loved ones.
Your Trusted Circle™ is a caregiving dream team. You should include everyone involved in the process whether they are involved day-to-day or just make an occasional appearance.
Add your sister who helps with mom’s weekly medications. Invite your uncle so he can coordinate rides to the grocery store or church. Bring your accountant into the mix to be sure the mortgage is paid on time.
With your whole team on WayWiser, all you need to do is start communicating.
This isn’t a social media platform. It isn’t about how many “likes” you get or using filters and edits to make your daily life look like a Hollywood romance.
A Trusted Circle is a place to share the things that matter with the people who matter.
1. Download and Open the WayWiser app.
2. Press “Create A New Account”.
3. Fill out your information including phone number and email address.
4. Create a password, it must be at least 8 characters and include a capital letter, a number, and a special character (like a ‘?’ or ‘&’).
5. Check your email for your verification code. Type it into the app.
6. Update your account with a profile picture, cover image, and any other information that you’d like to include.
7. Now you can Create a Circle
8. Choose if you are caring for yourself or someone else. If you are setting this up for your family and not a particular person, simply choose “myself”.
9. If you choose “someone else”, you’ll now enter a few details about that person.
10. Name your Trusted Circle™. Feel free to choose anything you’d like.
11. Personalize the circle with images.
12. Invite Circle Members – This is a critical step.
13. Simply enter their name and their email address and they will receive an invitation.
14. Select if you’d like the member to be included in details about Daily Living, Medical care, Financial care, multiple, or all functions. This will be important as WayWiser grows. In the future, when items like fraud detection or bill payments are included in the service, only those with Financial access will be able to see or use this function.
15. Invite as many people as you’d like. Include family members, close friends, industry professionals, or any other people who help in the care of your loved one.
16. When finished, click “return to home page” and write your first post to welcome everyone to your brand new Trusted Circle™.
We aren’t talking about posting the silly things that might work on the popular social media apps. We’re talking about real engagement with people you care about. Photos, messages, and updates about you and the family can go a long way to feeling connected when you’re physically distant.
A greater frequency of social contact at age 60 years is associated with a lower risk of developing dementia and more frequent midlife social contact is associated with higher subsequent cognitive performance.
When you remove yourself from your Trusted Circle, you begin to reach for connection elsewhere. Potential scammers are able to lean into your life more easily, convincing you that they are here to help, when really they are reaching in to exploit you financially.