WayWiser’s newsfeed is just for you and your Trusted Circle. This isn’t public, this isn’t going to people you hardly know. Feel safe sharing photos of your kids, videos of your grandparents, or even your phone number or personal details about your daily activities.
This is private, secure, and just for your Trusted Circle of family and friends.
Feel connected with your Trusted Circle by sending group updates and virtual hugs whenever inspiration strikes, no matter your distance.
WayWiser allows you and your loved ones to connect with thoughtful images, family videos, and friendly updates in a private, personal space, whether you’re a daily caregiver or managing from afar.
Social connection is a major contributor to living a longer life and maintaining a stronger brain.
Sharing experiences on a regular cadence can help those in your care along with those in your Trusted Circle smile more often and remain healthy longer.
1. Open the WayWiser app.
2. Choose the appropriate Trusted Circle.
3. You can scroll through the feed to see recent posts or, to create a new post, simply touch “create” on the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Choose “create a post” and tap “continue”.
5. Write something that will bring a smile to your circle.
6. If you’d like to add a photo or video, tap “Add Attachment” and choose the option that makes sense.
7. If adding a photo (or several), select which ones you desire and then tap “done”.
8. Finally, tap “create post” for your note, photo, video, or combination to appear on the activity feed.
We aren’t talking about posting the silly things that might work on the popular social media apps. We’re talking about real engagement with people you care about. Photos, messages, and updates about you and the family can go a long way to feeling connected when you’re physically distant.
A greater frequency of social contact at age 60 years is associated with a lower risk of developing dementia and more frequent midlife social contact is associated with higher subsequent cognitive performance.
When you remove yourself from your Trusted Circle, you begin to reach for connection elsewhere. Potential scammers are able to lean into your life more easily, convincing you that they are here to help, when really they are reaching in to exploit you financially.