At WayWiser, we come to work every day because we want to solve one of the biggest problems impacting older adults: protecting their financial independence and keeping their dignity as they age.
Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation control 80% of the US wealth. In the next decade, the entire Baby Boomer generation will reach 65+. Together this has created a perfect storm for exploitation. To make matters worse, Covid-19 and stay-at-home orders have isolated older adults making them even more susceptible to targets of fraud.
For us, our mission is personal. Every person on our team has experienced an older loved one get scammed or exploited. We believe it takes a community to support an older adult and we understand each person has their own unique challenges.
WayWiser makes it easier for older adults to get connected and stay protected by offering a comprehensive platform focused on bringing families together and helping them maintain their independence and freedom.
About the Job
WayWiser is looking for an Austin-based dynamic UI/UX Designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our web and mobile applications. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up-to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
At WayWiser, we are mission driven. We leave our egos at the door and always focus on getting to an answer quickly and doing what is right for the customer and the company. You will have an opportunity to touch thousands of lives.
- Gathering and evaluating user experience design requirements with product managers and developers for our web and mobile apps
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy into wireframes, visual and graphic designs, user flows, personas design, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes ● Implementing user-centered/focused designs and processes to identify specific user needs and find best solutions
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Collaborating with the marketing team and designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other team members and stakeholders
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
- Uncovering user needs from our products by conducting primary research (e.g., interviews, surveys, and usability studies), exploring the behaviors and motivations of users, and working with Engineering and Product teams to develop new features and translate findings into wireframes and prototypes
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree and about 5 years of UI/UX design experience for consumer-facing products across web and mobile
- Portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Expert knowledge of UI/UX technologies and software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert knowledge in creating user flows and personas
- Experience with photo and video in the mobile space
- Extensive experience with Android and iOS to facilitate cross-platform design discussions
- Experience in user research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player but can work independently too
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Expertise collaborating closely with software developers and product managers
Nice to Have
- Experience in Fintech industry
- Passion to learn about the business, being metrics driven, and balancing it with user experience
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Experience working with elderly care facilities or care providers
- Experience creating compelling, easy-to-use dashboards
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Flexible working hours and work from home options with flexibility for caregivers
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)