At WayWiser, we come to work every day because we want to solve one of the biggest problems impacting older adults: protecting their financial independence and keeping their dignity as they age.
Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation control 80% of the US wealth. In the next decade, the entire Baby Boomer generation will reach 65+. Together this has created a perfect storm for exploitation. To make matters worse, Covid-19 and stay-at-home orders have isolated older adults making them even more susceptible to targets of fraud.
For us, our mission is personal. Every person on our team has experienced an older loved one get scammed or exploited. We believe it takes a community to support an older adult and we understand each person has their own unique challenges.
WayWiser makes it easier for older adults to get connected and stay protected by offering a comprehensive platform focused on bringing families together and helping them maintain their independence and freedom.
About the Job:
This is a unique opportunity for a driven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead and define the product function. You will help us define and implement new product ideas, and improve on existing ones with a focus on strategy and execution. .
We are looking for someone to own the product roadmap from idea to implementation. This includes: market research, competitor analysis, and prioritization of ideas in a disciplined and deliberate manner.
At WayWiser, we are mission driven. We leave our egos at the door and always focus on getting to an answer quickly and doing what is right for the customer and the company. You’ll have an opportunity to touch thousands of lives.
- Own product roadmap from idea to implementation
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Integrate insights from customer conversations, stakeholder feedback, and competitive research to identify product opportunities and differentiator
- Drive product planning with Designers and Engineering Team
- Translate product ideas into wireframes (or draft designs if you have the design chops) and clear requirements documents
- Partner with Marketing to contribute to go-to-market plans and collateral
- Define success metrics; monitor and refine the product based on customer engagement
- Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product and lead the effort to integrate our applications with other leading industry systems
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- 4-6 years work experience as a Product Manager
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field, MS preferred
- Experience in all stages of Product Development from inception, requirements, design, development, testing and go-to-market
- Have a strong technical knowledge of software development, multi-platform, APIs and user experience design
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Experience in a highly entrepreneurial environment (can-do attitude)
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions – integrity beyond reproach
- Experience working in Fintech, Aging or network effect companies preferred
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Google Suite skills.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun